Contest record book

Posted by Forkmann 
Contest record book
March 22, 2010 10:12PM
Looks like this contest is here to stay so I started a Record Book accessible from the "History" menu along with the money winning list and past contests. Let me know if there's something worth adding, especially records in futility...those are always fun...

-Forkmann
Re: Contest record book
March 24, 2010 10:19AM
It's amazing how close a few people have come to Paul Whipples low score that included Sam Houston winning it all and 16 seed IUPIU in the final 4.
March 24, 2010 04:51PM
Yeah, from the point of trying to win, that one hardly counts. He thought the higher number next to the team names meant they were better! So Philip and James really take the prize. I can't remember who "GoFigure" was that year. Might have been Whipple too.

-Forkmann
March 26, 2010 07:49AM
The Duke game is a huge one for SAB tonight. If Duke loses, he will tie Whipple's low point record. If they win, he still gets to join Phillip & James at 44.
March 27, 2010 12:32PM
What about the stat of "Largest Margin of Victory" between first place and second place. Might be cool to see if in any years someone has really blown everyone else away with their point total.
March 27, 2010 12:37PM
What about "Fewest 1st Round Picks" to see when folks couldn't even get much right in the opening round. The more of these "bad stats" categories we have, I may actually have a chance to get my name up on the board. I don't show up anywhere on the good stats.

I need K-State to go all the way, and this could be my year finally! Ohio State really screwed Koots last night...ha!
March 28, 2010 09:23AM
Three 2010 players added to worst score category. We'll see if Baylor can keep ladycats off the list.

Also added some 1st and 2nd round futility. For the most part, it's the same losers on the worst score list, but a couple of new, including boomgoesthedynamite this year.

That James Rainosek bracket from '04 is really impressive. He actually did quite well in round 1...25 of 32 and then the whole right half of the bracket just goes completely red.

-Forkmann
March 27, 2011 09:31PM
Lots of new entries to the record book..including myself unfortunately. Blue SuperHero Junk shattered the worst score record and 6 others made the list. Had to add a new category for cclanofirish. Nobody has ever had zero of the Elite 8 before...

-Forkmann
March 28, 2011 04:08PM
Well if UConn beats Kentucky and then loses in the title game I'll get my name in the Record Book ... Lowest Overall Winning Score = 79 !

(fingers crossed)

-LFantBalls
March 22, 2012 09:27PM
Just added Grahmann and BradBertrand to the Record Book for worst score after 2 rounds. And if you look up at the 2nd post in this topic, you'll see the irony in this. Yeah, pretty amazing how close people have come, Grahmann... bow

-Forkmann
March 24, 2012 10:06AM
Chilaquiles! joins the list of people who have gotten 7 of the Elite 8 teams correct.

-Forkmann
March 25, 2013 08:36PM
Record Book has been updated for the 1st 2 rounds of this year. And as you might guess, they are not the good records. We have our 1st under .500 1st round to shatter that one. A few others received honorable mention..

-Forkmann
March 30, 2014 08:37PM
Adam (Big67) did tie the record for best 1st round score this year. BUFree has a shot to get on the best total score list still. No other record book entries this year.

-Forkmann
March 28, 2015 10:14AM
Novahoops, untqb11, BearsWin (sure they do), and Cadenc06 did some historically bad picking for rounds 1 and 2. They are in the books.

For the good, jfrank is killing it. 1st person to get all Elite 8 teams correct. Myself, atxdesign, Worm, and Bero's got 7 which was previous record.

Also, there's definitely some kind of record for most consecutive games without adding a red mark to your bracket for jfrank. He hasn't missed a game he had a team in since day one of the tourney. The only 3 wrong from the round of 16 came in round 1 on Thursday. Then was perfect Friday, got the 13 other games on Sat/Sun, and all Elite 8 teams as mentioned above.

-Forkmann
March 18, 2017 08:58AM
csulmann, tyknarr, and RudyB tie the 10 year old record of 29 correct in the 1st round.

-Forkmann
April 01, 2018 06:28PM
MGreen97 put up our 2nd bracket of only 4 out of the sweet 16, and rderoo matched the 0 for 8 feat as well. Some other low scores added to the record book as well.

-Forkmann
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login