Texas vs Okie State

Posted by briang 
Texas vs Okie State
November 11, 2013 10:18AM
OK, our first meaningful home game in about 4 years. Last years WVU game was big at the time, but it was too early in the season. This is a home game against a good opponent where a win sets up for a chance to win something Mack's only done twice. I like it..

Allen, you still want to fry some shrimp? If so, just get what you need and I'll pay you back with the HEB money.

What else?...maybe a pot of something like gumbo or jambalaya or chili? ....

-Brian
Re: Texas vs Okie State
November 11, 2013 09:10PM
Brian, do you want to meet me Wednesday at Buffalo Wild Wings around 7:15PM when I get off of work so you can give me one of those Heb cards we got so I can buy what we need and we can drink a few beers while we are there of course? I can go buy it on my own to if you can't make it. Really need to get a head count to buy shrimp/batter/fries and Oil. When I cooked the backstrap that one year, some one brought a cast iron fryer just like the one I had but I don't remember who had it. It would be nice for this person could bring it so we have two going at the same time. I just bought a hunting two burner outdoor range about a month ago. I'm open to other suggestions as well if anyone has any.

Allen
November 12, 2013 08:20AM
I'd love to Allen, but things are usually pretty busy on the weeknights. If you can buy the stuff, I'll just pay you back cash. I already put $500 cash in the treasury envelope and we'll use up the cards for our weekly groceries. That way I can pay people back any amount.

As for how much...hell I don't know. How many pounds was that baseball tailgate we did?...maybe take that and double it?

It wasn't me that had a cast iron fryer. I have a dutch oven/chili pot but no basket. And then I have a cheapo stainless one with a basket. And a single burner. I'm leaning toward making one pot of jambalaya to supplement the fried shrimp.

-Brian
November 12, 2013 09:11AM
I will just be me this weekend. I can bring anything.
November 12, 2013 10:18AM
I have a cast iron pot with a fry basket so I'll bring that. I also have a burner if we need an extra.
November 12, 2013 04:55PM
I'll be coming to the game and have 2 extra tickets if you know anyone that is interested.
November 12, 2013 08:14PM
OK, I'll just drink by myself but by Thursday evening, it would be greatly appreciated if everyone who will be attending by either posting a comment or texting me 512-350-5013. It would be nice to know so that we have enough for everyone to enjoy. As far as the reimbursment, is beer included?

Allen
November 13, 2013 05:29AM
I may be interested in 1 ticket. But if Someone wants both let them have first
Pick
November 13, 2013 01:15PM
I'll bring the tickets to the game. I'll check with Mandy and Shawn to see if they are coming as well.
jfh
November 13, 2013 01:51PM
Mike and I will be there. Mike doesn't eat shrimp though. Couple friends will likely come by too. Will update tomorrow as I know more.

I'll bring chips and a dip.
November 13, 2013 02:47PM
I'll bring stuff to make a batch of hush puppies.

Is anyone bringing anything to go on the grill? If so, please let me know and I'll be happy to bring it. If not, I'll assume we're eating jamalaya, shrimp, and other fried things and leave it at home.
November 13, 2013 04:56PM
I will bring sausage to go in someone's ice chest
I know who's is who's.
November 13, 2013 09:04PM
I can bring some deer sausage if the grill is going to be there and I need some input on how much shrimp/Fries to buy
+ oil. For example, are we having breakfast? shrimp cooks rather fast and french fries so maybe have it around noon? Is someone bringing cocktail sauce or tarter sauce? I was thinking maybe 10 - 15 pounds of shrimp. Would that be too much? That's a lot of devaining shrimp because the only one I know who may eat shit maybe Crasy. Please give some input and look forward to what Crasy may say!!!!

Allen
November 14, 2013 08:29AM
No plans to cook any breakfast at the tailgate as of now.

10lb shrimp and a maybe 3 bags of fries sounds about right to me. 15lb is probably too much. Ready at noon is good.

I have ketchup. Anybody else reading these messages want to volunteer for cocktail sauce and tarter sauce??

I guess I'll be there around 8:30 for setup like last week.

-Brian
November 14, 2013 08:41AM
I can be there early. I will bring the cocktail and
Tartar sAuce. AND I don't devein shit. That stuff in there
Is called flavor and beer will wash it down.
November 14, 2013 09:24AM
Sounds like we'll have some sausage which will be good for post game so I'll bring the grill and some tortillas. I'll also bring a few veggies to go on the grill.
November 14, 2013 09:52AM
I should be down there with two to three people but I have no idea what time. See you all there.
November 14, 2013 10:47AM
I can make the famous "Kings Inn tarter Sauce" if you all want. Someone needs to bring crackers. I will buy 10lbs. of shrimp 3 and will get the 16-20 cnt, 3 large fries, oil/beer. if I need to buy more let me know. I can buy some fish to if you guys want. Like maybe "Alaskan Cod"? I'll bring salsa and deer sausage as well. So far if I include the Nauert's (haven't heard from him) it's about 25 people I think. I'll wait until tomorrow morning for the final tally.

Allen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 10:58AM by wallen1901.
jfh
November 14, 2013 10:59AM
OK, so not sure if this just confuses the issue. But Mike said he's going to do the roast beef sandwiches like he did once last year.

That can qualify as breakfast I think, since it'll be done when we get there...which we'll shoot for 8:30/9.

And thinking I'll do guacamole.
November 14, 2013 12:24PM
Allen, looks like we'll have a good variety of food so 10lbs of shrimp and fries sounds good.

I think we're all set...

-Brian
November 14, 2013 02:25PM
I just checked my propane tank and I believe I have enough propane but is anyone else taking a burner/propane tank? Just in case. I'll see if I can get it filled but it has a expired date on the tank.

Allen

Nevermind, I filled another tank that I had so got plenty propane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 03:55PM by wallen1901.
smileys with beerRe: Texas vs Okie State
November 15, 2013 02:16PM
Well, Chrystal and I will be there. Chrystal has two tickets up for sale.Can call and check with her on all the details. (512-426-6288) I am bringing about 4 lbs of my world famous pickled shrimp, if I don't eat to much before it gets there. Will probably bring more of those mild jalapenos to cook. I think Chrystal has a couple of friends coming. Sorry I wasn't on earlier, will explain later. HOOK-EM HORNS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login