Texas vs Texas Tech

Posted by briang 
Texas vs Texas Tech
November 18, 2013 10:15AM
What's everybody's plans? We started to talk about this a few times but didn't get very far.

-Brian
jfh
Re: Texas vs Texas Tech
November 18, 2013 02:13PM
I can be there in morning to set up...and will be back around 4:30 or so.

Billy said he and a friend would come to tailgate if people were going to be there and do Thanksgiving meal there. He offered to bring green bean casserole and sweet potatoes (I think) if so.
November 18, 2013 08:46PM
I know the Tres and family are going to be there and we will be there to. I think I heard Jose was going to fry some turkey's as we all know he's a true gobbler. The Watt's said they weren't going to be there. I believe we are doing our Thanksgiving on Friday at the house but not sure. we have that tailgate contest as well so we should plan something as you never know we may win it. the $2500 would be nice.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 08:48PM by wallen1901.
November 19, 2013 07:41AM
I'm going to Georgetown late morning so could stop on the way to help set up and will be back mid afternoon.
November 20, 2013 04:58AM
I'll be there to fry 2 turkeys. I will bring everything
To cook with.
November 20, 2013 08:04AM
I can smoke a turkey here at the house, debone it to make tacos if you all want. Is the grill going to be there? I believe we're having our Thanksgiving at noon and will be at the tailgate shortly after that. Let me know what time you're going to setup in the morning and I can take everything to setup as well.

Allen
November 20, 2013 01:40PM
Dear H-E-B Tailgater of the Game Winners,

Congratulations on winning the H-E-B Tailgater of the Game at one of the 2013 Texas Football home games. You are now qualified to compete for the H-E-B Tailgater of the Year.

The H-E-B Tailgater of the Year winner will receive $2,500 in H-E-B gift cards, an autographed Mack Brown football, University Co-Op gift cards, a Tailgater of the Year Flag and other assorted H-E-B prizes. The winners will be recognized on the field during the game.

Judging will take place before the Texas vs. Texas Tech game on November 28th between 3:00pm and 4:30pm. Please confirm to me that you will be participating and the location of your tailgate. Once everyone is confirmed, I will send out a tentative schedule of when we will be at each tailgate. Each group will have ~10 minutes to impress our judges.

You will be judged on the following criteria; creative use of H-E-B products and spirit, UT spirit, and overall atmosphere. The judges will consist of H-E-B, KVET 1300 The Zone and Texas representatives.

Thank you again for participating in the H-E-B Tailgater of the Game contest, and we look forward to seeing you next Thursday.

-Brian
November 20, 2013 01:54PM
That's a pretty good prize list...and going out on the field during the game would be pretty cool. So...

- Creative use of HEB products -- We can obviously make sure we have various chips and salsa and dip that are all HEB...not sure how to be creative with them. We can get a smaller boneless ham maybe and doctor it up somehow. HEB brand tortillas and bread. What other HEB products for sides to go with turkey/ham? If Billy does make some sides, we can always say they are HEB ingredients.

- Spirit and UT spirit -- Any additional flags or banners or decorations?...UT stuff or general fall/Thanksgiving stuff. Stereo to blast Texas Fight and Eyes of Texas when the come??

- Overall atmosphere -- Obviously the more people the better!

- 10 mins to impress judges -- We probably have enough people who can talk up stuff good enough.

-Brian
jfh
November 20, 2013 03:40PM
I've got a 16' flag pole and I'll buy an orange UT flag w/ white Bevo to fly. We can hang our tailgate of the week flag with it.

I've got a Bose Speaker that might get loud enough...works on Bluetooth from whomever's phone. So maybe make sure whoever will be there at those times will have UT songs on their phone.
November 20, 2013 04:47PM
It's to bad we didn't keep receipts of all the tailgates to show the amount of money we've spent. We really need a good showing for this.

Allen
November 22, 2013 02:39PM
Myself and the wife will be there and will bring a couple of sides to go with the turkey
Chris lester
November 23, 2013 12:39PM
Sounds like we're going for a full on Thanksgiving type of meal which sounds awesome to me and I think a good angle for showcasing HEB products. I'll get a small HEB ham and was going to make this bourbon glaze recipe I found...figure that's a "creative" way to use the product. We can say pretty much every ingredient in the meat and the sides was HEB brand. My wife had the idea of displaying examples of such products in and around a cornucopia...then you have the HEB display and a Thanksgiving centerpiece all in one. Just buy a couple of extra of your ingredients and bring or let me know what you're making and I can get. If we had two more table cloths that would make it look nice too.

One question I had is how to keep all the sides warm...do we need a grill to use as an oven assuming they are in aluminum pans?

Still waiting to hear on the time of our judging...hope its close to 4:00 than 3:00 so people can come down!

-Brian
November 24, 2013 03:43PM
We will be bringing an appetizer, German potato salad, and a desert... Brian, about how many people are you expecting?
November 25, 2013 08:16AM
Quote:
Brian, about how many people are you expecting?

Based on responses so far, about 15 people, but maybe 20-25. Hopefully we get a few more responses as to what others plans are.

-Brian
November 25, 2013 09:00AM
Count Koots in for 4 people. We'll plan on being there by 3pm and we'll bring what we have for decorations. Last Hurrah at this spot. Hope we can go out with a bang. We should be the sentimental favorite!

Koots
November 25, 2013 11:34AM
We did get the final judging spot at 4:00. Here is the info I received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Now that we have heard from each contestant, I have a tentative schedule for Thursday?s H-E-B Tailgater of the Year Judging. Below you will find the order we will visit each Tailgate. Each group will have 10 minutes to impress our judges. We will do our best to stay on schedule.

3:00pm - Elley Schuh Tailgate (LBJ Lot)
3:15pm - UT-Tailgaters (Dean Keaton and San Jac)
3:30pm - We R Tx Tailgate (Lot 70)
3:45pm - Enoc?s Round Rock Tailgate (Lot 80)
4:00pm - Longhorn Grilling Team (Centennial Park)

After we visit all five tailgates, we will tally up the scores and return to the H-E-B Tailgater of the Year tailgate at 4:30pm.

See you Thursday,
Clint

-Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 11:34AM by briang.
jfh
November 25, 2013 01:16PM
Billy said him and Dixie and the dogs will be there a little after two with green bean casserole, roasted sweet potatoes, and ambrosia... and yummy tequila.

I'll bring Mike's warmer thing that fits two regular size aluminum pans for keeping whatever is needed warm.
November 25, 2013 04:07PM
Does anyone need the grill. If so, let me know and I'll drop it off in the morning.
November 26, 2013 09:49AM
Brian said he needs the grill to warm and glaze the ham so the grill will be there if anyone else needs it.
November 26, 2013 09:54AM
For setup, Josh and I will be around 9:00 to 9:30. Grahmann will bring grill between 10:00 and 10:30. Allen, can you drop your stuff off somewhere in that time frame? I'll be back around 2:00 or 2:30. Sounds like most will be arriving between 2:00 and 4:00.

Also, my wife is making apple pies, so we'll make one extra for the tailgate. Will have to cuts small pieces!

-Brian
November 26, 2013 12:30PM
I'll bring a propane burner to keep warm. I should
Be there 9ish. I'll be looking for a drinking partner.
November 26, 2013 06:11PM
Jose, I'll be there around 11 to drink with you
November 26, 2013 08:18PM
I can be there at 9AM or earlier. What do you need for me to bring? My friends from back home will be there and said they probably will bring a pie or two. Let me know.

Allen
November 26, 2013 09:30PM
Up to you Allen...is 2 turkeys and a ham enough meat? We will have the pit..maybe some deer sausage for backup? Some of your "HEB" salsa? smiling smiley

I never officially said it but I'll grab some bread, tortillas, tortilla chips, salsa, condiments. Some other homemade dip or snack might be good.

-Brian
November 27, 2013 10:44AM
will bring chip/dip and what would Thanksgiving be without triple chocolate brownies? will bring sausage and my famous HEB salsa....remember to bring HEB products so we can showcase that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login