2014 Tailgating

Posted by jkoss 
2014 Tailgating
July 22, 2014 09:20PM
Is it too early to talk about 2014 tailgating? We're you able to find a new location to tailgate?
Re: 2014 Tailgating
August 09, 2014 09:32PM
Never too early. Nothing set yet. There's nothing to be reserved so we'll be scoping out a few spots the first weekend and go from there. I'll let everybody know where we'll be. Stay tuned, and Hook 'Em!

-Brian
August 09, 2014 09:33PM
Haha, I guess it's time to change my avatar picture. I'll miss my rotating pictures of Mack...

-Brian
August 09, 2014 09:35PM
http://bgrahmann.com/phorum/file.php?4,file=45,filename=mack-clap.gif

-Brian
August 13, 2014 09:00AM
I assume nothing has changed as far as the TG setup. Everybody bringing the same as last year, like the tables, BBQ pit, canopy's etc...?

Allen
August 13, 2014 10:20PM
We have a reserved spot for the 1st 2 games in the lot across Trinity from the old spot. Map is below.

Yes, I would also assume we keep doing what we've been doing: we have a pit, some people bring meat to cook and others bring some snacks, sides, sweets, etc. I'll stock the supply boxes as usual. We'll ask for a donation as before for reservations and supplies and I'll send a separate email for that.

Supplies - I'll get the usual. Let me know if we've been missing anything

Tents - I have 3 total including Jose's. Allan usually has one or two.

Tables - I have 3 including Jose's and Matula's. Josh and Allan have one too.

TV - I have the TV and the old dish. Josh is researching options for the satellite box and possible dish upgrade to a Tailgater. We'll have one or the other, and LHN is now on Dish so that's something.

PIts - Grahmann's been the official pit supplier. Anybody else if welcome to bring something else if they want.

I'll be out of town all of next week. We can get into the details of week 1 after that...Hook 'Em!

http://bgrahmann.com/images/tailgate_map.jpg

-Brian
August 18, 2014 04:46PM
So what's on the menu and what time. I have my ice chest and beer packed and ready.
August 19, 2014 09:35PM
Crasy, are going to pond off that sausage again to everyone? I'm ready for some TG'ing myself and look forward in seeing everyone. It's close enough to start figuring out what we are cooking and who's bringing what so we can prepare. A head count would be nice.

Allen
August 20, 2014 06:59AM
Made great sausage this past year and not much is left. And I cant say anything else.
August 21, 2014 09:05AM
Jose, if you need some more sausage, I have some left. Just let me know where your cooler is and when you're not looking I'll just fill it up.
August 23, 2014 08:14AM
Back from a week in Corpus. Was hoping you all had it figured out by now. What pit are we going to have? Past few years we've done smoker and slow cooking on first game.

Also, we need something to put in our parking spots Friday after 6pm. Anybody in Austin have any cones or posts we can string some tape across. Kind of dumb we have to do this since it is reserved but they don't want to deal with any potential issue so say we have to "secure the spot".

As far as what time on Saturday, all I know is you can't drink all day unless you start early...

-Brian
August 25, 2014 08:23AM
I'd say let's use the smoker. I got it all cleaned up and ready to go this weekend. I'll bring some type of meat product.
August 25, 2014 08:40PM
I have some ribs and the same deer sausage plus the cooking canopy. I need to check the other one to see what kind of shape it's in. It took a beating in Nebraska CWS where the wind was 30-40 MPH. I still have the cooking table. How much room do we have?

Allen
August 26, 2014 06:23AM
I'll bring some fajitas and sausage.
August 26, 2014 12:17PM
I'll bring a pork product of some kind. Not much chatter on this board. I also sent out an email to a bunch of people letting them know where we'd be.

Besides the meat we need some bbq type sides maybe. Or just tortillas and bread. Of course condiments. And snacks, dips, sweets.

Not sure how the setup will look but I imagine we'll find a spot for any available tents. Going to be a hot one. Will have to get a feel for the layout on Friday. Any ideas for what to leave in our area over night. Anybody got a couple of sawhorses or something like that or some posts in cement or just traffic cones? Or an RV to park in the spot? smiling smiley

-Brian
jfh
August 27, 2014 09:22AM
Looks like we got meat covered.

I'll do a side, plus tortillas/bread/condomints.

I don't have any cones or whatnot. Post in cement would be good to tie caution tape too. But I don't have those either.
August 27, 2014 11:00AM
Hey Brian, Can we rent a Outhouse now? What time in the morning? Maybe use some duct tape and put a "X" and label "RESERVED"!

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 11:05AM by wallen1901.
smileys with beerRe: 2014 Tailgating
August 27, 2014 11:31AM
smileys with beer Watts family is ready and I will be there early. I can't speak for Crazy. You know he will be whining about something. We will bring: Pico, Jalapenos, Tortillas & cheese, and plenty of adult refreshments>>>>>>BEER
August 27, 2014 09:00PM
I have some sawhorses will locate them on thur if you need
August 28, 2014 07:25AM
Josh had the idea of putting some bricks in a couple of home depot buckets to weigh down and string some caution tape between them. This should work fine.

Also, props to Josh for upgrading his Dish equipment which included a new tailgate use receiver and a new dish. We did a test run last night to make sure it all worked and am happy to report we will now have Longhorn Network (and other less cool networks) at the tailgate in glorious HD. Suck it DirectTV users...

-Brian
August 28, 2014 07:53AM
What Time? 9AM?

Allen
August 28, 2014 10:46AM
9am sounds good to me.

-Brian
August 28, 2014 01:27PM
I won't be able to make to make the first two games due to my back. I've sold my tickets for next week but I still have four if anyone is interested for this week and is coming from Hallettsville. Just text or call me at 361 208-4211.

Have a great time.

Hook Em Horns!

Koots
August 28, 2014 05:07PM
I will be there around 10:00, I'll have a few friends show later. I'll bring a pot of beans. I also have a canopy i can bring.

Hook'em Horns!!!!

Justin
August 29, 2014 09:47AM
I'll bring a bean dip as well since I don't see many snacks. I'm sure others will show up with stuff too. I think we're covered. Looking forward to it...

-Brian
jfh
August 29, 2014 10:23AM
I'm doing guacamole too for a snack. Some friends will be stopping by too, and I think they'll bring something too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login