Texas vs. West Virginia

Posted by briang 
Texas vs. West Virginia
November 03, 2014 08:18AM
2:30 kick. We talked about fried shrimp and gumbo. I'm still good with that. We can use some fund reserves to pay for the shrimp. I assume Allen can head that up. I can lead the gumbo effort. Would really like to see a win against a good team in our home stadium...that would cool... Hook 'Em...

-Brian
Re: Texas vs. West Virginia
November 03, 2014 08:32AM
I won't be there this week so if anyone needs 2 cheap tickets, let me know.
November 03, 2014 11:53AM
It's a no show for us.
November 03, 2014 05:09PM
I'll be there with a few friends also. I'll bring jambalaya!!!!!!
November 03, 2014 09:21PM
I'll cook the shrimp but who's going to buy it and how many pounds? I assume we are not going to need a grill? I will order the outhouse tomorrow.

Allen
November 04, 2014 08:36AM
Allen, I was hoping you could get what you need to cook and I'll pay you back with cash on Saturday. I looked back at the OSU thread from last year and looks like it settled at about 10lbs of shrimp and 3 bags of fries. I would repeat that...I think it came to $100-$120 or so last year with that and the seasoning and oil.

Any readers of this please respond if you're coming. Jose and Grahmann are out. I think Charles said he's going hunting...not sure about his whole clan but hopefully Crystal will let us know.

If we're having no grill, then I think we can still have all 3 dishes of fried shrimp, gumbo, and jambalaya. Just won't need huge pots of gumbo and jambalaya if there's not going to be that many of us (unless we all eat after the game as well).

I have a 2 burner stove similar to Allen's so that's 4 burners. Will need one of them only temporarily to make a quick pot of white rice.

Need somebody to bring cocktail sauce, tarter sauce, and ketchup for the shrimp/fries. Desserts, chips/dips, etc as well as usual.

Let the rain fall tonight and give us a beautiful day on Saturday!

-Brian
November 05, 2014 08:43AM
OK, I will buy everything and bring you the receipt. We could use Chris's cast iron deep fryer if possible. If we need a grill, I can hook mine up and cook on the street if I get the first parking spot and Charles not beating me to it (LOL). I can make some scampi if I bring it. Tres is coming from Corpus and it will be four of them. No one wants to come, it's more for us!!!!!!

Allen
jfh
November 05, 2014 01:34PM
Mike and I will be there...maybe a couple friends, not sure.

I can bring the cocktail and tarter sauces and ketchup. And likely something else. We can also bring hush puppies to fry if no one else is bringing those.
November 05, 2014 04:19PM
Lauren and I will be there with all 5 kids so we'll bring some type of dessert and maybe chips and dip.

Koots
November 06, 2014 05:49AM
We're going to bring some french bread and crackers for the gumbo. We can also bring some tabasco and other hot sauces too.
November 06, 2014 04:00PM
The outhouse is ordered and I will buy the shrimp tomorrow. The shrimp I saw yesterday didn't look good but can buy the frozen 16-26 size shrimp with a emphasis on 26 and few 16's if needed. Hopefully I can find something good. I'm buying only 2 bags of fries as I recall I took the third one home last year. I'm bringing some salsa and for the first time in a long time, not bringing any deer sausage. My brother in-law will be coming to the TG. Probably two maybe three.

Allen
November 06, 2014 10:15PM
I won't have access to the website as Yvonne is taking the laptop to work tomorrow. Brian, please text me if there's something I need to know and if not, I'll be at the TG around 9:30 or so. See if you can get your brothers cast iron deep fryer as it would make life easier.

Allen
November 07, 2014 09:32AM
How is the parking around that area? Is that parking lot on the corner available to park in?
jfh
November 07, 2014 01:20PM
I think it's a first come first serve $20 lot. It seems there were spots available last game. Also, there's meter parking in front of our site, and to the west on 16th. Meter runs until 6pm. If you're coming early, there should be plenty of meter spots, so a roll of quarters is a good idea.
November 07, 2014 03:25PM
Looks like mom and dad are out this week but I will be there with 6-8 friends. I can bring extra ketchup and tartar if needed! I think shrimp and gumbo with hush puppies sounds great! My group can bring some chips, dips, and maybe rice for a side? Let me know if there is anything else you guys need. Looking forward to it! Chrystal: 512.788.2027
November 07, 2014 03:59PM
Crystal, chips and dips would be great. I think we have the condiments and rice covered already. Thanks..

-Brian
jfh
November 07, 2014 04:02PM
I think Brian has rice planned. I have a big ketchup and a regular sized tartar and cocktail sauce bought. I'm also making a creamy dip for the shrimp or whatever....and crab dip too, and carrots and celery. Chips and dips or dessert sounds good, or whatever you think. Hook Em!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login