Texas vs TCU

Posted by briang 
Texas vs TCU
November 18, 2014 03:18PM
Need a roll call. Say if you're coming, what time, and whether you'll be stuffed full of food already or looking to eat something...

-Brian
jfh
Re: Texas vs TCU
November 18, 2014 03:48PM
I'll be there...with a friend or two, willing to bring Thanksgiving sides if that's going to happen. We're not versed in the area of turkey frying though.
November 18, 2014 04:40PM
I'll be there with Jon I would guess around 3:00. I'll have a little room left for some more food. It is Jon's birthday that day so I plan on bringing a cake for him.
November 19, 2014 10:08AM
Should be there between 3-4PM and we'll save room especially if Jose fries turkey's. Bringing the grill?

Allen
November 19, 2014 02:23PM
I'll bring the grill if it is needed. I hope Jose is not too bitter and angry over last year's "they didn't even tryyyyyyyy our food" episode and is going to fry a turkey again.
November 22, 2014 05:26AM
Bitter doesn't describe my feelings for the pinko commie scum suckers from
Heb. No sir we are full thank you oh yea we eat fried turkey all the time. Well b---h come over here and kiss my Cuban ass.
I'll be frying turkeys but in Victoria.
We won't be there. Sorry.
Have I told you how I feel about HEB tailgate finals?
November 22, 2014 05:27AM
I haven't been to heb since.
November 22, 2014 04:08PM
Crasy, you can fry the turkey's in Victoria but just make sure they get to the tailgate by lets say 5PM? If there's any consolation, they tried my deer sausage and Studdard liked it!!!!

Allen
November 23, 2014 03:15PM
That was the first trip. It was the finals that
Sucked.
November 24, 2014 09:23AM
I'll be there around 2:00 - 2:30. Will probably set tents etc up in the morning. Grahmann when are you bringing the grill...not until 3:00? I ran an experiment yesterday and "spatchcocked" a small turkey and cooked it on the grill. Turned out okay...was a little dry...brining or injecting it would probably fix that. Takes less than 2 hrs to cook the bird. Don't know how much time we'll have though. Can always buy something cooked I guess or something simpler on the grill.

-Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 09:26AM by briang.
jfh
November 24, 2014 10:39AM
We could just scratch the turkey thought since everyone sounds like they are having turkey with family before. And since Jose is not going to fry them for us again. Not sure why he's making us pay for something HEB did, but oh well.

I could do the chicken legs/thighs again. And/or ribs.

Are we doing the TV since there's not any games on? Guess it depends on if someone wants to watch UT game at the Tailgate.
jfh
November 24, 2014 11:07AM
Or I could get a smoked/fried/or roasted turkey from hoover's. They have 15 pounders.

Or Green Mesquite will also smoke a turkey you bring them. I'm guessing most of ya'll won't have smoked turkey, so that could be something different.
November 24, 2014 11:28AM
I don't plan on making a morning trip to deliver the grill so it will be there around 3:00. So we won't have a hot grill until around 4:00 so whatever we cook would need to be done in about 1 1/2 hours or less. Josh, we need a TV because the Cowboy's have a kind of big game at 3:30.
jfh
November 24, 2014 12:30PM
OK...I'm going to let Green Mesquite smoke us a turkey. I'm guessing I'll look for a 15 pounder or so, maybe closer to 20.

Billy said he'll make green beans and roasted sweet potatoes.

That sounds like a meal. I might make dressing or potatoes but not sure that'll be necessary.

Let me know if that doesn't sound like a good plan. I'll drop off a turkey to them after work otherwise.
November 24, 2014 01:42PM
Josh, I have no objection to you taking the lead on a turkey. Wish I had time to pre-cook one but don't think I do. And we won't have much time to cook on site with most people getting there after 3:00 or 4:00. We had a big ham a couple of years ago, and turkey is cheaper. I'll bring a dip/snack.

Also, I texted a few people to get status. Kutac is coming with Lauren. Noskas and Watts are all a no. It will be a small group. Weather should be great though and without a lot of cooking we can all relax a bit and enjoy the last game!

-Brian
November 24, 2014 09:50PM
Do I bring the deer sausage? A smoked turkey when made right is great but I just don't have the time to do it. We'll be coming from SA. and I plan to park the truck with TG stuff around 9'ish. I would appreciate it if whoever gets there put some quarters in the meter if the meter person comes by. I will pay you back. We plan on taking a Taxi to the TG from our house as my son will be out of town and don't have a ride.. Yvonne is bringing brownies even though Jose is not coming and still has his panties still in a wad. Just let me know what you want me to bring before Wednesday as stores like HEB will be closed.

Allen
jfh
November 25, 2014 10:26AM
I got a 14lb turkey...conflicting reports at to how many servings that should be. We'll be having dressing too.

I've got a couple of sausages from my sister as well I can bring...no idea if we'll even need them though.
November 25, 2014 11:30AM
Allen, I'd say bring a few links of sausage just in case. And some salsa/chips would be good if you have it. I'm bringing some cheese spread and crackers and some other undecided dip.

-Brian
November 25, 2014 03:43PM
Finally checked the site. As I texted you, Lauren and I should be there around 3:30 or 4pm

Koots
November 25, 2014 08:11PM
OK I will bring the sausage, chips, salsa and I ordered the Outhouse last week. Even though we will be like the Marines "the few and the proud", I'm going to go ahead and keep the order for the Outhouse.

Allen

PS. Crasy, don't forget to deliver the fried turkey!!!!
November 26, 2014 06:29AM
Jackson and I will be there. I've forgotten everything about tailgating, so I'll be ready to sit and relax and just enjoy a beer or 10 with friends. Let me know the location.
November 26, 2014 11:43AM
We will not be making it. Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and HOOK'EM HORNS!!!!!!

Also, bring on the Aggies in the Texas Bowl!!!

Justin
November 28, 2014 10:33AM
Thanks Crasy for the fried Turkey as it was Great!!!!

Allen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login