Texas vs Kansas

Posted by briang 
Texas vs Kansas
November 02, 2015 10:59AM
Sure...why not..

-Brian
Re: Texas vs Kansas
November 02, 2015 08:44PM
We will always be Longhorn fans. Win or lose.
And we will be at the tailgate.
November 03, 2015 06:38AM
I wasn't at the last tailgate so I don't know if anything was preplanned. So I'll start off with 2 bottles of Pura Vida tequila with the usual condiments. Cups salt
and lime.
Anything else I need to bring. I may cut back to 1 bottle depending on the crowd size,

Crazy
November 03, 2015 12:53PM
We didn't make any plans at the last tailgate. There was only 8 of us there counting the 2 kids. Don't count me for much tequila...long enough day as it is!

-Brian
November 03, 2015 06:44PM
I'll be there, but no tequila for me either. Someone mentioned possibly doing gumbo for this game. That would work. Or the usual random grill would be fine too.
November 04, 2015 07:49AM
I'm in for a shot or two of Tequila and it doesn't matter to me and at least it's not a 11AM game. Just let me know and weather may not be in our favor.
November 04, 2015 08:39AM
I recon I could help make some gumbo. I assume we would still want some other options off the grill though.

-Brian
November 04, 2015 09:57AM
No Koots this Saturday. Headed to Las Vegas. If anyone knows anyone in H'ville who wants to buy 4 tickets, let me know.

Hook 'Em
November 04, 2015 10:45AM
Shrimp is on sale right now at HEB. I have Salsa, sausage I can bring and if we do shrimp, I'm in for a few pounds.
November 04, 2015 10:05PM
I talked to Chris and we can do the chicken and sausage gumbo and rice.

Allen, I think the shrimp is always a nice touch. I have a little extra in the tailgate fund, but honestly the donations for the spot reservation has been quite light this year and most of it will be used to reserve the 2 parking spots for the next two games. We have right at $100 left after that.

Looking at the archives, last year was 10 lbs of shrimp and 2 bags of fries plus the oil, and breading mix for about $130. Let's see how many people are coming, adjust from there, and see who can pitch in for those supplies or bring something else. Or just use all of that $100 and start over next year!

As for other items, we need ketchup, tartar, cocktail sauce. And of course, chips, dips, desserts.

Last question is whether we bring grill for some sausage and chicken or something or just go with shrimp, fries, and gumbo? Probably also depends on how many people we think are coming...

-Brian
November 05, 2015 04:02AM
It will be 5 of us. I'll pitch in if that's what we want to do.
jfh
November 05, 2015 08:47AM
Sister Sally coming up with Jennifer and Brandon, and a couple/few friends might stop by, not sure.

I can bring hushpuppies if we're doing frying thing.

I'll chip in for shrimp if we're going that route too.

Sally will bring a dip or dessert or something.
November 05, 2015 11:05AM
Yeah if Sally and Brandon/Jennifer can bring some snacks that would be great. Josh, maybe you can get the condiments?

The shrimp and gumbo plan is a go. The question of whether we bring grill for other options remains. We may have to do the cooking and frying under the tents so having yet another instrument, etc may be too much if we're dealing with weather. Also need to figure out how much shrimp (we'll make a pretty big pot of gumbo either way). Since we'll be there for lunch and dinner, maybe should just go with the 10lbs like last 2 years.

I've got an email out to a few people to try and get a better feel for the head count. Anybody else reading this please let us know your plans.

-Brian
jfh
November 05, 2015 11:20AM
Yep, I'll bring condiments....actually meant to say that the first time.
November 05, 2015 03:16PM
I can bring the deep fryer but no burner or propane tank. Put the truck in the shop so we're going in Yvonne's SUV so no room. OK I will get 10lbs of shrimp, batter, fries, and oil (Fish?). I'll bring sausage if the grill will be there.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 03:18PM by wallen1901.
November 05, 2015 03:36PM
I'm bringing a two burner camping stove, but will need one for gumbo and one part time for rice. Anybody got an extra burner/tank they can bring? Last year we had two fry pots going.

-Brian
jfh
November 05, 2015 05:04PM
I'll bring a burner and tank.
November 05, 2015 07:16PM
I can bring a Burner and propane.
November 05, 2015 08:41PM
Sounds like we'll get by. I've got kids all going different directions in the morning so may have to leave for a bit to help with that. I plan to get there around 9:00 or 9:30 to drop off stuff and get the 2 parking spots.

As for my email looking for headcount, I got that Nauerts are coming, and Justin is not.

-Brian
November 06, 2015 07:17AM
We will be there 10ish.
November 06, 2015 10:42AM
OK, I'm off to get the shrimp so 10lbs? if more, text me in the next hour or so. What about the grill?

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 10:42AM by wallen1901.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login