2016 Tailgating - Texas vs Notre Dame

Posted by briang 
2016 Tailgating - Texas vs Notre Dame
August 22, 2016 09:01PM
OK, same spot as last year...didn't really have any other options. You all know the drill. We'll decide a meal, etc each week and ask for people to either bring meat, snack, side, sweets, etc. Also as before, a donation to go towards supplies and the spot reservation would be appreciated.

I'll get the usual supplies to fill the supply boxes. I also have 3 tents and tables.

Grahmann has been the pit supplier and I assume he's good to keep going this year.

Josh, let me know if you need test driving the satellite this year.

OK, I at least wanted to get something started. This could be a shit show like the Ohio St game in '06 with a bigger tailgate crowd than normal. Don't know if it's better to smoke big cuts of meat or just have a grill or two and crank out a bunch of random stuff. We will have to try and get the parking spaces next to our spot but don't know the details on that yet. I assume Friday at 6pm.

-Brian
Re: 2016 Tailgating - Texas vs Notre Dame
August 22, 2016 09:13PM
Becky and I will be there. Will look later and see what the
Menu is and bring some meat and beer.
August 23, 2016 08:52AM
Not going to make it to this game.

Hook'em Horns!!!!
August 23, 2016 08:53AM
I likely won't make it there until around 1:00 so there will need to be a 2nd grill or an alternate cooking method for those of you that will be there in the morning.
August 26, 2016 07:50AM
I still have the two canopies and cooking table. Kingsville bunch is back so around 12. I'm sure they will pitch in. Are we grilling?
August 28, 2016 07:16PM
Hey guys, I got season tix this year so me and the family will make a few games. Three friends and I will attend the ND game and will stop by the tailgate. We can bring something upon request (preferably non-perishables since we will be at a hotel Saturday night). Are you all on 16th this year?
August 29, 2016 09:55AM
So far I'm bringing Pura Vida tequila and beer.
What pit will we have and what's on the menu will determine
The meat I bring beside 3 Amigo Sausage.
August 29, 2016 11:36AM
Quote:
Are you all on 16th this year?

No, we got booted last year and are currently on 14th street.

http://bgrahmann.com/images/tailgate_map_2015.png

-Brian
August 29, 2016 09:47PM
If Chris is going, if you want, I can go pick up the pit on Saturday afternoon or meet Chris some where. Just let me know.
August 31, 2016 09:10AM
Not much activity on here, but some of us have been having side discussion over email.

We will have a smoker and so far have brisket, pork loin, sausage, chicken with probably more to come. For those checking in on here and want to pitch in, we need the following.

- bread, tortillas
- bbq sauce, mustard
- side dishes (potato salad, beans, whatever you like with bbq)
- snacks, dips, chips, etc
- sweets (cookies, brownies, etc)

Please respond here if you can bring these.

-Brian
August 31, 2016 03:02PM
Hi Brian,

Francisco here, one of Josh's old co-workers (Espey and RPS). I got season tickets this year and would love to tailgate with your crew. I have two season tickets so it will be me and 'fill in the blank' for the season. My wife, Adell, will be my 'fill in the blank' for the ND game. My other buddy Josh B. (Henke knows Josh B.) and father-in-law might stop by too, just to hangout.

I live pretty close to downtown, Airport/MLK, so what I'll do is stop by in early morning, drop off goods, then drive back home, and take bus to tailgate (bus pick up and drop off are super close, super easy). Anyway, I saw the list above and I'm hitting up Costco on Saturday.

Adell and I can take care of
-couple loaves of bread
-a Costco sized bottle of BBQ sauce
-veggie or fruit tray (whatever looks fresher) or both
-case of beer

Josh B
-mustard
-chips
-salsa

I'll make sure father-in-law brings something if he decides to stop by.

When's the earliest I can stop by to drop off goods on Sunday?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 04:26PM by hitit345.
August 31, 2016 05:11PM
Thanks Francisco. No problem.

We'll be setting up around 8:30-9:00 am.

-Brian
August 31, 2016 09:13PM
I'm stopping at Bucees on the way in and can pick up some snacks and sweets. Any requests?
September 01, 2016 10:58AM
What about breakfast? Going to be a long day.
September 01, 2016 02:32PM
Quote:
What about breakfast? Going to be a long day.

..beer for breakfast.

-Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2016 02:32PM by briang.
September 01, 2016 02:39PM
I will bring some type of meat.
September 01, 2016 04:41PM
Yvonne is bringing triple chocolate brownies!!!!!
September 01, 2016 09:23PM
I'm also bringing corn and black bean salsa. Can be a dip or a vegetable side for the que.

Cindy and Fernando have emailed me. They and their crew are bring all kinds of stuff including more brisket, some side dishes and snacks.

-Brian
September 01, 2016 09:44PM
The Kingsville bunch are bringing poppers and some kind of pork loin. I'm bringing Elk sausage, Pork loin, baby back ribs, and of course Salsa. Bringing the two canopy's and the cooking table. I chopped all the mesquite wood I have here at my house this afternoon. I have more but no time to go get it. I believe it's enough wood as I believe Chris uses mostly charcoal and some wood for smoking. If we do it like that, should be enough wood.

Allen
September 01, 2016 10:50PM
It looks like the food is pretty well covered. I'll bring 11 Below beer (brewed in Houston by UT Mechanical Engineering grad) and money.
September 02, 2016 10:41AM
Koots and Lauren will be there. I have no idea what we are bringing at this point other than beer!
September 02, 2016 05:06PM
Yea for brownies and beer for breakfast.
September 03, 2016 11:05AM
Josh B, Adell, and I just got back from Costco with the following

- 3 lbs of tortilla chips
- 38 oz of Pace salsa
- 40 oz of Sweet Baby Rays
- 2 loaves of white bread
- 40 tortillas
- 1 veggie tray
- 1 fruit tray
- case of beer

If my father in law stops by he come with cookies and beer.

-Francisco

I'll stop by spot around 0830 to drop off cooler, a couple of chairs, list above, then head back home and hop on bus back to tailgate. After the game Adell, Josh B and I will just use Fasten and Fare to take us, cooler, and chairs back home. See ya in the morning!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2016 11:13AM by hitit345.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login